Take a Pledge
The blue human body vector signifies each one of you, each one of us and every Diabetes Educator(DE) around the globe who is surrounded by the powerful ring of the 5 fundamental instruments for proper Diabetes Management: Regular Exercise, Rectify Bad Habits, SMBG, Healthy Diet & Mindfulness & not to forget the importance of medication adherence marked by the strip of medicines and injection that are held tightly in the two hands. The up and down movement of the kite depicts the high and low blood glucose levels confirmed by the numbers obtained from the drop of blood. The mission of the DE is to keep a tight leash(with the 5 on the steady movement of that kite which depicts the blood glucose numbers as well as all other laboratory parameters that effectively take care of the final outcome of a person with diabetes and keeps him/her in the pink.Education is light, a glow brighter than a thousand suns, therefore it is the performance of the educator which will show the world the light of the "DAY". A bright & warm "sunny" halo is seen to emanate from the educator. The blue circle symbolizes the unity amongst one & all in civil society under the clear blue sky of pure awareness which is the most important tool to combat the deadly demon in the modern world & it resonates vibrantly with the mission of International Diabetes Federation(IDF) as well.
Oath of a Diabetes Educator
- I am a true and dedicated diabetes educator,
- Every breathing diabetes patient is my responsibility,
- Education is my key, empowerment is my goal,
- I promise to be receptive, understand, empathize, reflect and reassure without bias,
- I will keep myself updated on the latest developments in diabetes management and share the same for the benefit of the sick,
- I will not be ashamed to say “I know not,” nor will I fail to call on my colleagues when the skills of another is needed for a patient’s recovery,
- I will respect the privacy of all my patients,
- I commit to foster a diabetes aware society and add healthy years to life,
- I have been and will continue to strive for a diabetes-free society.